Since you have shopped with us previously using CHF , we need to change the currency to complete your transaction. Please note that future purchases too, can only be made in CHF
Please reach out to Customer Service in case you require support with this setting.
ASSOS of Switzerland
MAKE IT EPIC CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
The prize is ONE STANDARD ENTRY SLOT (two riders) at the 2020 Cape Epic (15–22 March 2020). Entries are to be posted in one or multiple Instagram Stories that include the tag @assosofswitzerland and the hashtag #assosmakeitepic. Entries should depict in a creative manner why the entrant would like to ride Cape Epic. Once selected, the winner will be expected to share own imagery throughout the build-up to the event, during the event (when possible) and in the immediate aftermath. Travel, taxes, customs duties and like amounts in connection with the prizes are the winner's responsibility.
- Eligibility: Make It Epic Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all eligible entrants who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Employees of ASSOS of Switzerland (“ASSOS”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. There is no residency requirement, however the Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrants must be following @assosofswitzerland on Instagram to be eligible for the prize.
- Agreement to Rules:By entering the Contest, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of ASSOS as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting January 10, 2020 ending January 15th, 2020. All online entries must be received by January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM CET (Central European Time).
- How to Enter: Eligible entrants may enter the Contest by posting an Instagram Story and tagging @assosofswitzerland and hashtagging #assosmakeitepic before the closing date. All eligible entries will be entered in the Contest. Duplicate entries are permitted. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ASSOS.
- Prizes: The winner will receive one (1) official standard entry package for the 2020 Cape Epic for two riders (free choice of age/gender category), as well as two (2) full ASSOS kits to be worn during the race composed of one (1) pair of ASSOS bibs, one (1) ASSOS jersey and one (1) skinFoil baselayer (entry and apparel together, the “Prize”). Colour, variant and type of apparel will be chosen by ASSOS of Switzerland. Approximate retail value of the Prize is €6,500 for the race entry and apparel. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of Prize award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by the ASSOS. The Prize is non-transferable. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Travel to and from Cape Town, South Africa is NOT included. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the winner is permitted, except that ASSOS reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for ASSOS to use both winning riders’ names and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: One (1) winner of the Contest will be selected by employees of ASSOS on or about January 16, 2020 under the supervision of ASSOS whose selections shall be final. The winner will be notified via the Instagram profile they entered the Contest with within five (5) business days following the selection. The winner may be required to provide evidence that they are the authorized account holder of the Instagram profile associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit of eligibility and any applicable releases. ASSOS shall not have any liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to the winner’s spam or other security settings or for winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time the Prize award notification was sent, or fails to timely return completed and executed declarations and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all relevant federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT ASSOS'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights granted by you: By entering the Contest you understand that ASSOS, anyone acting on behalf of ASSOS, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: ASSOS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or the Official Rules should it determine, in its sole discretion, that a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control have corrupted or affected the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, ASSOS may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ASSOS. ASSOS reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Official Rules.
ASSOS has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ASSOS reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless ASSOS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SWITZERLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Mendrisio, Switzerland. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ASSOS of Switzerland Via Bresce 1, S. Pietro, Stabio 6854 Switzerland. Requests must be received no later than February 1, 2020
- ASSOS: ASSOS of Switzerland, Via Bresce 1, S. Pietro, Stabio, 6854 Switzerland.